Thursday 13 December 2012

DVD: The Peregrines of Derby Cathedral

Peregrine DVD front coverTemporarily out of stock
This notice will be removed once copies become available again.
23 Dec 2016

"The Peregrines of Derby Cathedral" is a great little DVD, now available for purchase for just £6 plus P & P.

It tells the story of Derby's peregrine falcons and features Chris Packham, well-known as both a BBC TV presenter and as a vice-president of The Wildlife Trusts.

All profits from its sale go directly to support our webcams and other project costs. All the Peregrine Project Team appear on the film, as does national prey expert, Ed Drewitt, from Bristol.

The DVD lasts 35 minutes and includes a large number of webcam video highlights taken over the course of the breeding season. Each video clip also comes with  a commentary, so can be great for schools to watch and listen to in class.


Typical image featured in The Peregrines of Derby Cathedral
You can order the  DVD for  £6 (please add £2.05 for P& P within the UK)  from the Derbyshire Wildlife Trust office in Belper.


To pay by debit /credit card and have one posted direct to your home at no extra cost (if you live in the UK), please phone the Trust on 01773 881188 (Mon-Fri 9am - 4.30pm).
Your copy will be dispatched the same day. UK cheques should be made payable to Derbyshire Wildlife Trust, East Mill, Bridge Foot, Belper, Derbyshire, DE56 1XH.

We can post abroad but we will ask you for an extra 'donation' of £1 GBP towards the higher postage costs. (The DVD is not region-coded, so it will play on machines worldwide.)
Typical image featured in The Peregrines of Derby Cathedral

You can watch a short DVD promo, read testimonials below, or see more of the work of artist Steven McLoughlin which is included in the video.

The Peregrines of Derby Cathedral is an independent production by Delta Echo Media who have kindly given us all the rights to help us raise as much funds as possible for the peregrine project.

The DVD makes a superb present for anyone interested in birds, let alone for all those who have ever logged on to our web cams or visited Derby Cathedral to see these magnificent birds for themselves.


Testimonials
  • DVD came in the post this morning, have just watched. It is a pure delight, cannot recommend it highly enough. Congratulations to all concerned!! and Thank You! Audrey (UK).
  • DVD excellent. I won't spoil it for anyone who has not yet seen it by saying no more than you are in for a treat. Enjoy!! (Pam - Derby, UK)
  • Just finished watching the DVD, which I thought was excellent. Superb. (Ed Green, Chief Executive, Derbyshire Wildlife Trust)
  • Oh my gosh...I just finished watching the DVD and logged on to congratulate you all for such an incredible production. Thirty five minutes of pure magical joy. I was smiling the whole time. Ave Maria will hold new meaning for me now. (Veronica, Cornwall, UK)
  • Have just watched the DVD, which is truly excellent - a definite "must-have". (Anonymous blog comment, Derby)
  • I really enjoyed watching the DVD last night. Thank you Derby Wildlife Trust for a really speedy and efficient postal service. It's a super DVD and I thoroughly recommend it. (Sue H. Bucks, UK)
  • Ee-chupp! Yeah, my DVD came today. It's wonderful. I was so mesmerized by the opening, it wasn't until it stopped playing that I realized I had to click "play film" :-) (Karen Anne, North America)
  • "Its superb . The photography is lovely, the graphics great and the webcam images fantastic -the whole story, great mating and the early chicks are really nice too. It's good to see a modern slant on it visually. Liked the talking heads and the whole story. Thank you for inviting me to contribute. (Chris Packham, BBC TV Presenter)

    3 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    I'm aka Sue H, Bucks, and I'm almost overcome with the heady thrill of sharing a write up with the Chief Exec of DWT and Chris Packham (not forgetting Pam, Veronica, Anonymous and Karen Anne) Add my hero, David Attenborough, and I'll think I've died and gone to heaven. I just looked at my DVD again the other day, and it's as fresh as a daisy and packed with great information about peregrine falcons. If you're on this website and haven't got the DVD yet, what are thinking of? Order one immediately, you won't be disappointed. If you already have one, buy one for David Attenborough!

    Anonymous said...

    This DVD is no longer available, I just tried to buy a copy.

    Peregrine Project Member (Nick M.) said...

    Thanks for letting us know, Del. In the New Year we'll arrange for a new batch to be produced and stocked by Derbyshire Wildlife Trust. I'm sorry about the inconvenience.
    (Had I known you wanted a copy I could have handed you one directly before you finished your employment with us up in Darley Dale last week. I think I may still have a couple of copies of the DVD at home should you wish me to send you one direct.)
    Nick M